Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I'm in a spacey frame of mind

Today, I picked up a Hershey's Kiss, unwrapped it, stared at it a moment while a disembodied voice in my head intoned "Let's see what life is like without sugar today, mmmkay?" and then rewrapped the chocolate morsel and put it away.

Clearly, there is a rip in the fabric of the universe and I am trapped in an alternate reality. As long as I'm floating along in some parallel universe, I fully expect my high school Physics professor to call momentarily, apologize for being a colossal jerk and offer to turn my "C" into an "A++". After that, all my coworkers will surprise me by handing in wonderful versions of the grant proposal I'm currently laboring and cursing over. Then I will close my eyes and attempt to transport myself into the arms of Commander William Riker.

=====

Monday I found out all about the dreaded shin splints. I thought I knew what they were, but I've since concluded that I had no clue and probably confused them with side stitches, which are nowhere near the correct anatonomical region. Duh. Never in my life have I experienced the painful sensations I felt Monday.

Coach seems to think that my calves are (too?) strong because of my bike riding, and that this somehow is contributing to the pain. And let me tell you that stretching out the calves hurts almost as much as shin splints. So, needless to say, Monday's run didn't go very well.

I'm worried about today's run and hope that the dreaded splints don't show up today. As Captain Picard might say, "Make it so!"

2 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger brent said...

oh no! the splints! i despise them. i hope yours heal quickly.

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger neca said...

Shints split are terrible! I hope yours heal up soon. Maybe Cmdr Riker will make them better, although I personally would prefer Mr. Worf!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home