Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Thanksgiving was loads of fun, as usual.

I did get to do a trail run, which was very challenging. Something about being in the woods and concentrating more on my footing made the time go by a lot quicker. This is also the second time I've run without headphones, and I think I prefer it. I like to listen to my breathing. Something about hearing my breath helps get me into a rhythm. I remember that earlier in my couch potato life I always thought being winded was a dangerous, unhealthy thing -- anytime I started breathing heavy it was a sign to time to stop and take a break. Now I'm amazed that my body can get winded, but still keep going and going and going. It's a revelation. I'm no longer afraid that I'll keel over when I my breath is labored.

Here are some shots along the trails I ran:

Blue Hole


Dirt Path


Carper's Creek


Tree Canopy



I think I'd like to try trail running again -- unfortunately getting to the trails is hard without a car!

Am thinking that I might try a 5k this Saturday. Just to see how it goes.

2 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger vj said...

Go for the 5K--you'll love it, I bet. Can't wait to hear all about it!

It's interesting, isn't it, how your perspective changes as you become accustomed to moving? I didn't have the fear of breathing heavy, but I did of discomfort. I got uncomfortable and boom, I was outta there. But now I have a better idea of how much discomfort my body can take--not pain, mind you, but discomfort--and how I can move through that. Or not. And it's changed the way I see myself.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Mia Goddess said...

ooooo Megan! Those are some yummy pictures! I am so jealous. Do the 5k. You are so ready. I wish I could be there to cheer you on. It's so exciting! I just love reading this - it's hard to believe that just a couple of months ago you were trying to run for 8 minutes straight! You are such an inspiration. - Mia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home