Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Today I ran with two cans of Alpo in my hands. No, really.

I noticed on my evening walk last night that one of the scary loose dogs (the chow mix) had broken his back leg and was limping around looking for food. He looked to be in pain. So I went to the corner store and bought a couple cans of dog food, found him again and fed him. I also stopped the Park police and asked them to call Animal Control for him today. I hated doing that, but I can't take the chow in, and I doubt anyone else will and he seemed to be in an awful lot of pain.

So I bought a few extra cans with the intention of feeding him this morning. The schedule today was run 5 minutes, walk 3, run 5, walk 3, and run 5. I did this around the park, but never found the limping dog. However, a juvenile doberman found me, and tagged along with me for the last 15 minutes or so of my workout. It was actually a lot of fun to have a running/walking partner. So lucky little guy got all the Alpo at the end.

I'll get some dry food after work and look around again for the chow. Now that I have a few friends for my morning exercise sessions, and they have turned out to be friendly loose dogs and not scary loose dogs, I'm looking forward to who shows up next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home