Friday, September 24, 2004

Went for my second run today at 6 a.m. It doesn't get light around here until after 7. Ran around the city park that's a block from my house. The run went fine. I think I hunch my shoulders a bit because they felt sore, but otherwise I felt strong and capable. I'm sort of doing a slow shuffle at this point, but I'm going to concentrate on building up my stamina before I flip out about technique.

Today's scary loose dog count: 6

The reason this little city park is so full of dogs is that people dump them here regularly. Most of them are big dogs -- there was a rottweiler and a doberman and some sort of chow loose this morning -- and I'm thinking people just get tired of providing the care and space that a big dog needs. I suppose I could try and jog elsewhere, but the park perimiter is well-lighted. Anyways, none of the dogs bothered me, mostly because I gave them plenty of space.

I have a clean, relaxed feeling in my body now. I suppose this feeling is one of the benefits of running with the dogs.

1 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! I saw that you (briefly) linked to my blog. Just wanted to say hi and tell you that your blog is great. I love what your doing and it looks like you've already had a lot of success.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home