Thursday, May 26, 2005

My Commute, a Documentary Study

Home to Work


This journey is brought to you by today's Mantra:


Packed and ready to go!


"Zut alors! I care not for you plebian commuting concerns. I care only to hatch new ways to torment you in the middle of the night. In fact, as you take this picture, I am planning tonight's torture session, in which I will get on the roof multiple times, crying forlornly, until you, in your feeble-minded and sleep-deprived state, will climb out of bed to talk me down from my high perch. Through this slow and insidious method, I will drive you insane and thus begin my quest for world domination! Be gone! My genius cannot properly develop with your distracting and boorish presence."


Our heroine begins her journey….


Under the highway….


Two of the many taco temptations along the way.


I like this sign advertising Spanish-language videos; the sign below is a tribute to Pope John Paul.

Carol Burnett's childhood home for a brief while. No, really:


A rainbow of colors….


Early morning mural:


Executive parking spot.


Our heroine makes her transformation into office jockey.


She may not be organized, but she certainly has produce!


Work to Running Appointment


La Virgen de Guadalupe:


Curses! The train! The local jail complex is on the right, and sometimes I can hear the inmates playing basketball in the gym.


Coming into Downtown



Go Spurs, Go!

The beginning of the Riverwalk:


Ladies and gentlemen, make note:


People in cars, stuck in traffic, I sail under you!


Coach selects his shoes.


Running in park, near headwaters of San Antonio River. Alas, a pulled hamstring cuts run short, and today's run will only be 20 minutes.


Back home


Past former home of beer magnate. Legend has it he pumped beer into the house from the brewery about a mile away.


Final tally:


At day's end, our heroine treats herself to a gourmet meal:

9 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger neca said...

I love it! I want to have the courage to ride on roads that have traffic lights (and traffic!) You are an inspiration!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Mia Goddess said...

Awesome! I like looking at pictures, it turns out. xoxo Mia+

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger brent said...

that was awesome!

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! Great photo essay! But, sweetum's, can't you have a better dinner than THAT?

Come on, not even a hot pocket?

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger vj said...

I love the pictures! Cool documentation! (Hey, have you seen the flickr meme of routes to work? I was going to participate, but I don't even remember the tag name now. Pathetic.) Anyways, I like the mirror shots a lot, and I like the taco stand/mechanic. My question, do they have breakfast barbacoa? You rock! Yay, bicyclists!

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I had a really good time -- thanks!

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool! Loved it.

Fig www.santanacody.com

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's brilliant. San Antonio is definitely on my list of must-go-to cities now.

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed you blog about business strategy. I also have a site about business strategy which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home