Wednesday, January 19, 2005

The Strength Audit

For the purposes of posterity, I'm recording my current strength training routine in the event that at some point in the future I will become freakishly strong and want to prove to the world at large my humble beginnings. Also, I'm sure this list may be amusing to me upon retrospect when I figure out what the heck I'm doing and develop a better understanding of, oh say, my own anatomy and the names and locations of various muscles and an inkling of how working certain muscles in certain mysterious ratios will make of me a performance machine, or whatnot.

===========
2-3 times/week
1 set = 12-15 reps

In various order, depending on how I feel:

2 sets of dumbell bench presses, 10 lbs each hand
3 sets of dumbell rows, 12 lbs
2 sets of overhead shoulder press, 5 lbs each hand
30-40 abdominal crunches
1 set calf raises on machine thingy, 25 lbs
3 sets of squats on machine thingy, bar only (45 lbs)
2 sets of dips on assisted dip machine, moving approximately 52 lbs of body weight
2 sets of chin ups on assisted chin-up machine, moving approximately 40 lbs of body weight
3 sets of leg presses, 90 lbs
2 sets of hip abductors, inner, 50 lbs
2 sets of hip abductors, outer, 50 lbs

3 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Blogger vj said...

Damn, Megan! Hardcore!!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger brent said...

lookin' good! the only advice i have is don't be afraid to go heavier once you find a set is getting easy. but it looks very good, i think you will have fun! weights are cool.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Mia Goddess said...

Hey Megan! I couldn't find your email address, so I'll post here about "freakishly strong" - sorry!

Anyway, every since you asked that, I've been wondering why I said it! It's true, I'm pretty capable with weights. But it's more what I can *do* than what I can lift. I have a very high tolerance for pain, for one thing. If I come into a room and my husband is struggling with something, I can usually just pick it up and move it. I'm not "fragile" I guess, is what I'm trying to say. I move furniture, bales of hay, 50 pound sacks of dog food (dozens of them, not just for my dog, but my mom owns a pet store, and I always help her stack that stuff up for deliveries), use chain saws to cut down trees, load lumber and slabs of sheetrock from the home improvement stores. My dad and my husband, they both don't think anything of just saying to me, you know, "grab that end". There's no question that I'll be able to do it.

So, that's kind of the gist of it, and, you can see, you're probably *already* freakishly strong too! We'll thumb wrestle when we meet.
xoxo
Mia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home