Thursday, January 13, 2005

The road back to normal

I've almost got this cold licked.

Last night I was determined to workout. I was hoping to run my usual 35 minutes without feeling ill, so I decided to run really, really slooooooooooow.

Holding yourself back is difficult! It took me about 10 minutes to get used to this slower pace. I felt at points that I was just walking quickly, but with a bounce. Regardless, keeping this pace allowed me to finish the full run happily and feeling strong.

I am dissapointed that two weeks of spotty cardio activity would affect my progress this much, but it apparently has done so.

And I must admit that my motivation has suffered somewhat as well. Once you get used to laying on the couch it's hard to remember the benefits of doing otherwise.

I got a really good deal on a used copy of Game Face. The pictures in this book really inspire me. I think I should look at them tonight to get myself pumped about tomorrow's run.

1 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger vj said...

It's disappointing how quickly we lose fitness, isn't it? But it'll come back. And I'm betting the motivation will too. For me, if I can get myself out the door and moving for 5 minutes, I'm okay, but getting the shoes on and out the door can be so rough.

This month's Runner's World's Bingham column http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,5033,s6-197-0-0-7518,00.html
was really nice this time.

Glad you're feeling better

 

Post a Comment

<< Home